The mandate of the Complaints Department in terms of Section 15 of the NCA is as follows:
- To receive complaints concerning alleged contravention of the NCA
- To evaluate alleged contraventions of the NCA
- To promote effective and efficient informal resolution of disputes between consumers and credit providers or between consumers and credit bureaus
- To investigate and ensure registrants comply with the NCA
- To take enforcement steps as allowed for in the NCA where necessary
The Call Centre is a division within the Complaints Department. It is the first point of contact with stakeholders for the NCR and is responsible for receiving enquiries related to alleged contraventions of the NCA. Enquiries are received telephonically, in writing and/or by visiting our offices.
All enquiries are received and assessed in line with the NCA. Once the assessment of an enquiry is concluded, and allegations of a contravention of the NCA identified, the matter is captured on the Complaints ICT system where a reference number is generated and the complaint is allocated to an officer who will deal with such complaint in accordance with the NCA and internal processes and procedures.
How to lodge a complaint:
Any person may lodge a complaint with the Nation Credit Regulator in any of the following by using the following:
Telephone: 0860 62762
Alternatively, you may visit our office: Monday to Thursday from 08h00 to 17h00 and
Friday from 08h00 to 16h30
To complete a complaint initiation form (form 29), please click here. Note that if you are lodging a complaint on behalf of the consumer/complainant you must complete both the Complaint initiation form and consent form.