How do i register?
How do I register?
Documents and information required for the application for Registration as a Debt Counsellor in terms of Section 44 of the National Credit Amendment Act, 19 of 2014:
Please note that your application will not be processed and/or considered without the following:
1. Completed and signed application form (FORM 4).
2. A certified copy of your identity or passport document. If non south African Citizen, please provide a certified copy of valid work permit
3. A certified copy of your Matric Certificate or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (“SAQA”). If it is a foreign qualification, please provide an evaluation certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (“SAQA”).
4. A certified copy of your debt counselling certificate issued by an NCR (National Credit Regulator) accredited training service provider
5. Proof of registration with the South African Revenue Services (SARS).
6. A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) detailing your academic qualifications, full names of previous and current employers, dates of employment, responsibilities and experience obtained during each period of employment.
7. Proof of payment of the registration fees
· Non-refundable application fee of R550
· Initial registration fee R500
· Branch fee of R250 per location or premises at or from which the applicant conducts registered activities
8. A Police Clearance Certificate issued by the South African Police Services (SAPS) or other Service Provider listed in the annexure attached hereto marked A.
9. A letter from the bank confirming your banking details or a copy of a cancelled blank cheque.
Your application will not be considered if you have not completed the debt counselling course provided by an NCR (National Credit Regulator) accredited training service provider
For further information regarding the application process, please contact the Registrations Department at telephone number 011 554 2600 or 0860 627 627